Craft Beer, Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, and Mouthgasmic Food.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Drunken German Chocolate Cupcakes

 I had been thinking about creating a line of recipes using 512 beers, and this was one of the first creations.  A big thanks to Kevin at 512 Brewery for the booze.  I call these cupcakes drunken because they contain 4 different types of alcohol: beer, Irish cream, pecan liquor, and bourbon.  This cupcake recipe went through Plan A to Plan G.  I literally went through an entire 5 lbs of flour in one weekend.  The only thing that didn't change was the cake and the maple bourbon pecan.  The final cupcake is as follows: 512 Cask Pecan Porter Cake filled with coconut, almonds, and Irish Cream topped with chocolate pecan praline liquor butter cream and a maple bourbon pecan.  Here are pictures of various phases of the process.  

I'm still haven't released the recipe yet, and I'm not sure that I will, just yet. Maybe.  









Final Product

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap I had these at Gina's house. To die for!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe Thanks! If you wondered why there was one cupcake cut in half already.... it was for the photo.

    ReplyDelete