Craft Beer, Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, and Mouthgasmic Food.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Eating through San Francisco - part 3 - Getting touristy

We got a little touristy in San Francisco.  Enjoy our photos of eats, sights, and things on water.

My first In and Out Burger.  I love burgers.  This burger was pretty good.

Kara's Cupcakes in Ghirardelli Square

I'm not sure how @mousethedog would feel about this. Mouse Couture at Helpers Home Holiday Bazaar  was just a little weird. Even for me.

We tried the salted caramel hot cocoa at the Ghirardelli Cafe.  We had to try something.

I'm not sure that this is about.  There were also bagpipes. Not pictured. 

Clam Chowder at Pier 39, because we're tourists. It wasn't mind blowing, just touristy. 

A visit to Rogue Ale's Public House.

Sea lions at Pier 39.

Having some beers with @BisonBrew, @Sharayray, and @Knife4hire at Monk's Kettle.

Watermelon Hefe at 21st Amendment.

We found Cafe Zitouna Moroccan-Tunisian Cuisine during our walk up to the Golden Gate.  My favorite item there was the harissa sauce, a spicy North African Hot sauce.  I was addicted to it.  I haven't made some at home yet, but I will.  This item is the Breek, Tunisian Crepe.  It is a tissue thin Malsouka filled with potatoes, parsley, onions, eggs, tuna, and capers.  Yum!

These are Kufta Tajine, meatballs with bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, eggs, and spices.  These were pretty delicious too. 

Harissa- Basboussa - semolina cake with almonds, flavored with orange blossom water and topped with pistachios. 

Alcatraz. From afar.

Coit Tower.  To get up there might take many, many, many steps, but well worth the hike.  It's $5 for the elevator ride up to the top. 

Views from the top.

Inner workings of the Coit Tower elevator.

We found this little guy on a path down from Coit Tower. Kiss Me. I'm a prince.

1 comment:

  1. Mouse couture! Those were actually super popular when I was a little girl. I collected a handful of them and still have a few kicking around somewhere.

    They are, admittedly, pretty weird in retrospect.

    Also: salted caramel hot chocolate sounds amazing! Was it?

    ReplyDelete