Craft Beer, Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, and Mouthgasmic Food.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Taking #GoogleGlass in a Lamborghini on the Circuit of Americas Track

I was very lucky to have been invited to take a spin on the Circuit of the Americas track in a Lamborghini Gallardo, one of the sexiest vehicles around by Lamborghini of Dallas.  This was a once in a lifetime experience that I decided to take despite the consequences of motion sickness afterwards.  To prepare, I fasted for 18 hours in advance, sipped on water, and brought #GoogleGlass and candied ginger with me.  I've been on many tracks before as the driver and the passenger, and I had a feeling that this was going to be one of those where I probably wouldn't be in the best condition after exiting. 

This is one SEXY machine.  It has a nice rear.

The front isn't too shabby either. 

This is the one I actually rode in on the track.  It is smooth, slick, and sexy as hell.  If you haven't ever been on a racetrack or autocross track, people who suffer from motion sickness can get sick very quickly.  Going 160 mph isn't a bad when you are going straight.  When you are taking hairpin turns, it can really do a number on your system.  Usually, the nausea subsides after a few hours.

However, this time was even rougher on my system.  I went into stress overdrive and lost motor control.  It has happened before with a dose of epinephrine, which is typical.  I guess studying behavioral neuroendocrinology was useful.  In a nutshell, I just had a really high dose of cortisol.  However, it took several days to go back to normal.  If it happens to you, don't fret.  Eventually your cortisol levels will return to normal.


Here's the video taken with Google Glass.  Enjoy!

Isn't it beautiful? 

And here's the driver, Les Betchner.  Not only does he drives at these types of events, he also does stunt driving for movies.  I asked him if he felt bad for destroying cars, and he said, "No. They have it worked into the budget."  Aww.... I feel bad when the cars are destroyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment